- Add yeast to warm water and set aside.
- In large bowl, add all other ingredients, except flour, and mix well. Add yeast mixture and mix. Slowly add flower while mixing until you have a medium dough. Cover and let rise 1 hour.
- Punch down dough. On floured surface, roll out into a rectangle about 10- x 16-inches.
- Cut dough into 5 pieces - about 2- x 16-inches.
- Cut each dough strip diagonally, 2-inches wide, to make diamond shaped pieces. Cover and let rise.
- Beat additional egg. Brush each dough piece with egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Place pieces on baking sheet and keep separated by at least an inch. Takes multiple baking sheets.
- Bake, one sheet at a time, in a pre-heated oven at 350°F. for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.