- If whole chicken, remove most of the skin. Simmer the chicken or chicken breasts in water until meat is tear-apart tender (about 30 minutes).
- Remove the chicken from the cooking liquid. Debone chicken and break into bite-sized pieces. Return the meat to the cooking broth. Pour off broth until liquid just covers the chicken meat.
- Add one can of cream of chicken soup. Heat and stir. If the mixture doesn't thicken enough with the addition of the soup (a gravy consistency), add a few tablespoons of flour to thicken.
- Open cans of biscuits. Cut each biscuit into quarters with kitchen shears. Drop the biscuit quarters onto the top of the simmering chicken and broth mixture. With a spoon, turn each added biscuit quarter to coat with broth. This will keep the biscuit quarters from sticking together.
- Cover with lid and allow the mixture to boil lightly. The biscuits will rise. When the biscuits are cooked, about four or five minutes, the dish is reaady to serve.