- Wash chicken breasts and pat dry with paper towels. Season lightly with salt
- In a small bowl combine lemon juice, lime juice and ground white pepper.
- In a plastic bag with closure, place chicken pieces and add lemon -lime juice mixture. Gently knead to cover all surfaces. .
- Carefully work all air to top of bag and close bag just before liquid spills out. This will assure all the chicken pieces are in contact with the marinade liquid. Place in refrigerator for an hour, turning about every quarter hour..
- Preheat grill to moderate heat. With fork, remove chicken pieces from the marinade. Allow to drain momentarily but do not wipe off marinade. Place chicken pieces on grill. Cook to an internal temperature of 170°F, about 4 minutes on each side. Allow to sit for 5 minutes (the crispy coat will soften) before slicing.
- If your cooking surface isn’t non-stick, use a bit of non-stick spray first as the sugar in the lemon juice caramelizes and gets sticky.