- Bread can be made in a bread machine capable of making large loaves or:
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix to form a dough ball. Remove to a floured surface and knead until you have a uniform non-sticky dough ball.
- Return the dough ball to the bowl and cover with a cloth. Set in a warm place to rise. When the dough ball has doubled, remove to floured surface and knead to uniform consistency.
- Place dough in bread pan, cover with a cloth and set in a warm place to rise.
- When the dough has risen to form a nice crown over the bread pan, bake in a preheated oven at 350°F. for 20 to 25 minutes or until a deep dark brown. Cool on wire rack.
- While cooling, drizzle top crust with frosting.
1/2 cup of diced dried apricots or other dried fruit may be substituted for the raisins.