- Lightly grease a 13-x9-inch or 9-inch square pan.
- Mix margarine or butter, sugar and milk in a heavy 3-quart saucepan; bring to a full rolling boil on medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Continue boiling 5 minutes on medium heat or until candy thermometer reaches 234°F, stirring constantly to prevent scorching. Remove from heat.
- High Altitude: Decrease recommended temperature (234°F) 2 degrees for every 1,000 feet above sea level.
- Gradually stir in chocolate chips until melted. Add all remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into prepared pan. Cool at room temperature. When cooled, cut into squares.