Blend sauce ingedients in blender. Warm in saucepan.
- Place 16 - 18 wooden skewers in water to soak.
- Cut chicken breasts, lengtheise, into 1-inch strips. Cut across to make cubes.
- In blender, buzz marinade ingredients to combine. Pour marinade into glass bowl with cover. Add chicken cubes, toss to cover thoroughly. Marinade, in refrigerator for 1 hour, tossing once or twice.
- In large bowl, add green pepper chunks, mushrooms and tomatoes. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. Allow excess oil to drain.
- In large bowl, add dredge ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Remove chicken from marinade and discrad marinade. Dredge chicken pieces in flour mixture, shake off excess flour. Place on wax paper covered cookie sheet. Refrigerate 30 minute to set coating.
- Skewer items, alternating chicken, pineapple, green pepper, tomato, onnion and mushroom pieces. Place skewers on a non-stick sprayed cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated 425°F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown, Turn once during cooking. After removing from oven, brush both sides with heated dipping sauce.
- Serve over a bed of saffron rice with remaining heated dipping sauce on the side.
*Pat's Special Blend Hot Sauce is a family recipe of my sister, Pattie Knapp. If you are not lucky enough to have any, you may substitute 1 teaspoon Tabasco® Sauce.