- Steps in preparation
- With mixer, mix butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and mix until a smooth batter.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda and cinnamon. Add slowly to the sugar mixture while mixing.
- Add water, oats, raisins and almonds. Mix until thoroughly blended. May use additional tablespoons of water to make the dough the proper consistency (a cookie dough that will be moist but hold its shape when placed on the cookie sheet).
- Lightly grease cookie sheet. Drop heaping teaspoon full of dough onto cookie sheet. Slightly flatten dough balls with fork.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F. for 10 to 15 minutes or until cookies are nicely browned.
- Remove with spatula to wire rack to cool.
If raisins are dry, soak in cold water for 10 minutes. Allow to drain on paper towel before adding to recipe.
Makes about 2 dozen medium-sized cokies