- Place Ritz® Crackers in plastic bag and crush with rolling pin to a fine meal. Add salt, pepper and nutmeg and shake to mix the ingredients.
- In a bowl, pur eggs and milk. Mix thoroughly with a wisk to a frothy mixture.
- Clean chicken, removing excess fat, skin on or off to your liking, wash and towel dry. Place on microwave-safe dish - separate the pieces evenly. Microwave on high for three minutes (1000 watt microwave). This brings the core temperature of the chicken to cooking heat. Immediately prepare chicken for frying. The Ritz® Cracker crumb coating browns quickly and the microwaving reduces the required frying time.
- Place vegetable oil in fry pan. Heat over medium heat until a drop of water sizzles when dropped onto the vegetable oil.
- Dip each piece of chicken, in turn, into the milk and egg mixture and coat all over. Place in the bag with the crumbs and spices, holding the top of the bag, shake to evenly coat the entire piece of chicken. Place the piece of chicken into the frying pan. Repeat for all pieces of chicken.
- Using tongs, turn the pieces of chicken so that they brown evenly all over. When the last side has turned a dark brown, remove from the frying pan and place on an absorbent paper towel to drain excess vegetable oil.