- Wash roast under running water and pat dry with paper towels. Salt and pepper all sides.
- Peel potatoes and cut into ½-inch rounds. Wash and drain carrots. Trim celery and cut into inch-long pieces.
- Heat oil in AirCore Dutch oven. Sear roast on all sides, until a nice brown.
- Add celery, carrots and potatoes. Arrange along side the roast.
- Add beef broth, water, cream of mushroom soup and seasonings. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Cover with glass lid. Use spoon to move vegetables so that every thing is covered by the liquid.
- After 15 minutes, increase heat to medium and return to a boil. Add ThermalSeal lid and cook until ThermoKnob hits red (10 to 15 minutes). Remove from heat and self cook 3 hours (ThermoKnob will be down to the yellow).
- Use slotted spoon to remove vegetables and meat from pot to serving dish. In a small bowl, take 1/4-cup of cooking broth. Mix with the cornstarch. Return mixture to the cooking pot. Heat over medium heat, stirring, until gravy thickens.
Beef is tender and cooked through. Vegetables are tender. The gravy is rich and flavorful.