- Cooking the pasta: Bring 5 quarts of water to a rolling boil.
- Empty contents of 12-ounce package of pasta into boiling water and stir gently.
- Return to a boil and cook uncovered for about 10 minutes or until done al dente. Avoid overcooking.
- Drain well, rinse with cold water. Drain well and arrange in a single layer for filling.
- Making the filling: Mix together the cheese, eggs, parsley, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Fill the pasta with the cheese mixture. The job can be done with a small spoon and a lot of patients, but a piping bag makes the work a lot easier. Handle carefully so as not to tear the cooked pasta. Do not ovefill.
- Preparing the dish: Cover the bottom of a roasting pan with some of the spaghetti sauce. Arrange the filled pasta in a single layer in the pan. Pour the remaining sauce over the filed shells and bake at 350°F. for 30 minutes or until hot.
- Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese if desired. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
This recipe is adapted from one provided by the Ronzoni Company for stuffed giant shells. Other large sized pasta can also be stuffd with this three cheese stuffing or stuffing of your choice.