- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook manicotti shells according to package directions, but do not over cook. Darin and rinse, allow to drain and cool for handling.
- In a large mixing bowl, add ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, seasoning and spinach or parsley and beaten egg. Mix well.
- Prepare baking dish or dishes. Cover the bottom of the dishes with a thin layer of the marinara or meat sauce.
- When the manicotti shells have cooled for safe handling, carefully fill the shells with the cheese mixture. Place each filled shell in the baking dish on the sauce layer. After all the filled shells have been arranged in the baking dish, cover with the remaining sauce, covering all of the manicotti shells. Cover wih foil.
- Bake in a preheated 350°oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and remove foil. Cover with the remaining mozzarella cheese and return uncovered to the oven until the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.