- Strain yogurt in cheesecloth as per Armenan-Style Yogurt Cheese recipe. Needs to be done the day before.
- On preparation day, peel and seed cucumber and coarsely grate.
- In a large bowl, combine grated cucumber, garlic, olive oil and spices and mix well. Add yogurt cheese and stir to blend.
- Can be served directly but the flavor improves if made the day before and stored, tightly covered, in the refrigerator overnight.
- Variations: You can add thinly sliced red onions or sliced scallions to the mixture. You can add a scant amount of lemon juice for a bit of tang. Or, you can add a bit of chopped basil.